Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Woman is a Woman is a Woman..

The client is organising a pre-Go-Live Party for all the Employees.
As I work for the same project,I also got the invitation and I have decided to go.
Well,Out of all the 75 Invitees,I am the only Woman.
So,Every One was shocked when I said that I am also coming.
To my surprise,Some even decided that I should not come even though I was invited.
Hmm..
I work for the same project and I am equally responsible like them,I wonder why they treat me like an alien for the said party.
Because,Most of them Drink and my presence may make them uncomfortable.
It's their Headache and Why shud I bother?
My Boss who is a North Indian is the only one to react Normally.
I guess its the south-indians way of thinking.
When I said the same thing to my mom,even she suggested that i shouldn't go.
My father,I didnt dare to tell him,knowing his orthodoxic thoughts :)
Because I am a Female should not be the only reason for me to skip the party.Right?
Anyways,Why should I Worry When I am going with my Husband :))))
(I Told already that we both work for the same project)

2 comments:

Ramana KV said...

Same is the situation with our team.. We have a team outing tomorrow and there's just one girl in our whole team..

Harini krishna said...

Ha.Its quite boring to go without a company.My case is different as my husband is there by my side.